Teach With Us: Explore Teaching Jobs in Marion County, South Carolina
Bring your teaching journey to Marion County!
Join a vibrant community of educators making a deep impact on the lives of students in Marion County.
Hiring new & experienced teachers for 2021-22!
Are you an experienced teacher looking for teacher leadership opportunities?
Are you a new teacher looking to make an impact with support and coaching?
We're looking for you!
In Marion County School District, we are committed to ensuring your success as a teacher.
Research tells us that teachers have the largest in-school impact on student achievement, which is why we’ve made it our top priority to ensure our teachers and leaders have what they need to be successful.
Learn why Marion County is a great place to teach and live for new and experienced educators.
A rural district in the Pee Dee region, Marion County is located in South Carolina within an hour of Myrtle Beach.
- A small-town, friendly community
- Within an hour of Myrtle Beach & Wilmington
- Within a couple hours of Charleston & Columbia
We're going places in Marion County—and YOU will be an integral part of educating, preparing, and inspiring all students to become productive citizens.
We are a district that recognizes the challenges in educating our students, but with a team approach, where everyone gets involved, we will achieve our objective.
- Student population: 4,100+
- 100% free & reduced lunch rate
- 68% African-American
- 22% White
- 10% Other
Hear from MCSD's leaders and educators about the exciting new priorities and initiatives Marion County offers.
Led by our talented educators, explore a few initiatives offered to our students.
- Academy of Early Learning: Consolidated Pre-Kindergarten Program
- "Leader in Me" theme-based school at Marion Intermediate School
- Marion County School District Early College at Mullins High School
- Expansion of Dual Credit Offerings
- Exploration of STEM/STEAM Initiatives
- Advancement of Instructional Technology: Teacher Laptop Initiative
- Capturing Kids Hearts at Johnakin Middle and Marion High School
- ExCEL (Exceptional Children Exceptional Learning: Consolidated Gifted and Talented Program
Teacher Recruitment Fairs
Marion County School District is looking for
MusicReading InterventionistReading RecoveryReading CoachMathMiddle-Level ELASpecial Education - LD
for the 2021-2022 school year.
We are hosting a virtual Teacher Recruitment Fairs where potential candidates can hear about our district and meet with principals. Please register for our Recruitment fair to find out why you should bring your teaching journey to Marion County.
When you submit your registration, a response will follow with the link to the Recruitment Fair. Be sure to copy and paste it to your calendar.