Teach With Us: Explore Teaching Opportunities in Marion County
Bring your teaching journey to Marion County!
Join a vibrant community of educators making a deep impact on the lives of students in Marion County.
Hiring new & experienced teachers for 2019-20 and 2020-21
Are you an experienced teacher looking for teacher leadership opportunities?
Are you a new teacher looking to make an impact with support and coaching?
We're looking for you!
In Marion County School District, we are committed to ensuring your success as a teacher.
Research tells us that teachers have the largest in-school impact on student achievement, which is why we’ve made it our top priority to ensure our teachers and leaders have what they need to be successful.
Learn why Marion County is a great place to teach and live for new and experienced educators.
A rural district in the Pee Dee region, Marion County is located in South Carolina within an hour of Myrtle Beach.
- A small-town, friendly community
- Within an hour of Myrtle Beach & Wilmington
- Within a couple hours of Charleston & Columbia
We're going places in Marion County—and YOU will be an integral part of educating, preparing, and inspiring all students to become productive citizens.
We are a district that recognizes the challenges in educating our students, but with a team approach, where everyone gets involved, we will achieve our objective.
Hear from MCSD's leaders and educators about the exciting new priorities and initiatives Marion County offers.
Led by our talented educators, explore a few initiatives offered to our students.
- Academy of Early Learning: Consolidated Pre-Kindergarten Program
- "Leader in Me" theme-based school at Marion Intermediate School
- Marion County School District Early College at Mullins High School
- Expansion of Dual Credit Offerings
- Exploration of STEM/STEAM Initiatives
- Advancement of Instructional Technology: Teacher Laptop Initiative
- Capturing Kids Hearts at Johnakin Middle and Marion High School
- ExCEL (Exceptional Children Exceptional Learning: Consolidated Gifted and Talented Program
We're still hiring teachers for 2020-21 during this COVID-19 season!Have questions about applying for a teaching position?Simply send an email to Paula Grant, HR Director.We're looking forward to connecting with you during this time.
Coffee Chat for Prospective Teachers
Get to Know Marion County School District
Catch up with on our last three 20-minute virtual coffee chats (or webinars) and learn why you need to bring your teaching journey to Marion County!
- Middle & High School Positions (May 27, 2020)
- Teach With Us: Get to Know Marion County School District (Apr. 16, 2020)
- Working & Living in Marion County (Feb. 12, 2020)
- Curriculum, Instructional Expectations, & Support for Teachers (Jan 15, 2020)
- Teachers & District Leaders Share What it is Like to Teach in Marion (Dec. 11, 2019)
Interview By Video!
Interview by Video on Your Own Time
Submit an online application for a teaching position & receive a link to do a video interview when it is convenient for you.
Principals can then review your interview and get back in touch with you. We can't wait to view your interview!
(Note: You must be eligible to be certified to be a teacher in South Carolina.)
Salary Supplements Available
Did you know we provide salary supplements for teachers in several subjects?
- $3,000 for Middle Level Math
- $3,000 for Middle Level English
- $1,500 for Middle Level Science
- $1,500 for Middle Level Social Studies
- $1,500 for Art (K-12)