Teach With Us: Explore Teaching Opportunities in Marion County
Bring your teaching journey to Marion County!
Join a vibrant community of educators making a deep impact on the lives of students in Marion County.
Hiring new & experienced teachers for 2019-20 and 2020-21
Are you an experienced teacher looking for teacher leadership opportunities?
Are you a new teacher looking to make an impact with support and coaching?
We're looking for you!
In Marion County School District, we are committed to ensuring your success as a teacher.
Research tells us that teachers have the largest in-school impact on student achievement, which is why we’ve made it our top priority to ensure our teachers and leaders have what they need to be successful.
Learn why Marion County is a great place to teach and live for new and experienced educators.
A rural district in the Pee Dee region, Marion County is located in South Carolina within an hour of Myrtle Beach.
- A small-town, friendly community
- Within an hour of Myrtle Beach & Wilmington
- Within a couple hours of Charleston & Columbia
We're going places in Marion County—and YOU will be an integral part of educating, preparing, and inspiring all students to become productive citizens.
We are a district that recognizes the challenges in educating our students, but with a team approach, where everyone gets involved, we will achieve our objective.
Hear from MCSD's leaders and educators about the exciting new priorities and initiatives Marion County offers.
Led by our talented educators, explore a few initiatives offered to our students.
- Academy of Early Learning: Consolidated Pre-Kindergarten Program
- "Leader in Me" theme-based school at Marion Intermediate School
- Marion County School District Early College at Mullins High School
- Expansion of Dual Credit Offerings
- Exploration of STEM/STEAM Initiatives
- Advancement of Instructional Technology: Teacher Laptop Initiative
- Capturing Kids Hearts at Johnakin Middle and Marion High School
- ExCEL (Exceptional Children Exceptional Learning: Consolidated Gifted and Talented Program
Have questions about applying for a teaching position?Reach out to us any time Monday-Friday (8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.) at (843) 423-1811.Or simply send an email to Paula Grant, HR Director.We can't wait to meet you!
Teacher Recruitment Meet & Greet on Feb. 1, 2020 at 11 a.m.
- Meet principals, teacher leaders, and teachers -- and explore what it would be like to teach here.
- By attending, if you are certified, you will automatically be invited to do a video interview. This will give you the opportunity to be seen by principals across Marion County.
- Address: Marion County School District central offices (719 North Main St, Marion, SC 29571)
Thinking about your new teaching job for 2020-21 & interested in learning a little more about Marion County?
Grab your coffee mug and join us for a virtual coffee chat (or webinar) on Zoom and learn why you need to bring your teaching journey to Marion County.
Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2020 at 4 p.m.
Why Marion County is a Great Place to Teach--and Live
Hear from various community members and teachers about what it is like living in Marion County—housing options, activities, and nearby amenities.
After you register, we'll email you the Zoom login information.
Missed our previous Coffee Chats? View recordings.
- Teachers & District Leaders Share What it is Like to Teach in Marion (Dec. 11, 2019)
- Curriculum, Instructional Expectations, & Support for Teachers (Jan 15, 2020)
We look forward to seeing you soon!