Living in Marion County, SC
Explore the many reasons why Marion County is a great place to live!
If you're a teacher looking for your next teaching job, you'll want to watch this virtual coffee chat (or webinar) with various community members and teachers who share about what it is like living in Marion County, South Carolina—including housing options, activities, and nearby amenities.
Explore the many reasons why teachers are choosing to live in Marion County.
1. Southern charm with very affordable cost of living
- Marion's cost of living is 23.8% lower than the U.S. average
- The median home price is $89,218 (South Carolina's average is $170,000; United States' avearge is $231,200)
- Explore homes for rent and for sale
2. Ideal central location
- Between I-95 and Myrtle Beach
- Within 30-40 minutes of Florence, SC
- Within a couple hours of Charleston, Charlotte, Columbia, & Wilmington
3. Friendly, tight-knit community
- You're not a number - you are known and supported
- Feels like family
- Fun community events like chili cook-offs, Cornhole Tournament, Tobacco Bowl, The Golden Leaf Festival, Foxtrot Festival, and more
4. Comfortable year-round climate
- More sunny days (212) per year than US average (205)
- Less than a inch of snow per year
5. Great outdoor living
- Easy access to parks (like Little Pee Dee State Park), lakes and woods for swimming, fishing, and hunting
- Less than hour to Myrtle Beach
6. A slower, quieter pace of life
- No traffic, less stress
- Breathe in the fresh air
Learn more about living in Marion County!
Want to stay in touch about job opportunities & events?