Living in Marion County, SC
Explore the many reasons why Marion County is a great place to live!
1. Southern charm with very affordable cost of living
- Marion's cost of living is 23.8% lower than the U.S. average
- The median home price is $89,218 (South Carolina's average is $170,000; United States' avearge is $231,200)
- Explore homes for rent and for sale
2. Ideal central location
- Between I-95 and Myrtle Beach
- Within 30-40 minutes of Florence, SC
- Within a couple hours of Charleston, Charlotte, Columbia, & Wilmington
3. Friendly, tight-knit community
- You're not a number - you are known and supported
- Feels like family
- Fun community events like chili cook-offs, Cornhole Tournament, Tobacco Bowl, The Golden Leaf Festival, Foxtrot Festival, and more
4. Comfortable year-round climate
- More sunny days (212) per year than US average (205)
- Less than a inch of snow per year
5. Great outdoor living
- Easy access to parks (like Little Pee Dee State Park), lakes and woods for swimming, fishing, and hunting
- Less than hour to Myrtle Beach
6. A slower, quieter pace of life
- No traffic, less stress
- Breathe in the fresh air
Learn more about living in Marion County!
Have questions about applying for a teaching position?Reach out to us any time Monday-Friday (8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.) at (843) 423-1811.Or simply send an email to Paula Grant, HR Director.We can't wait to meet you!
Want to stay in touch about job opportunities & events?