The Student Services Department of MCSD exists for one primary purpose – to serve students. In order for students to achieve at their maximum potential, they must be "available" for learning and must be "ready" to learn. Therefore, it is the role of Student Services to work collaboratively with school-based and central office staff, family members, and community agencies to promote readiness to learn for all students. This must be accomplished by striving to remove the obstacles to student achievement on an individual basis.
To achieve this, Student Services will provide support for students within the scope of the following areas:
- Chronic Absenteeism
- Student Policies
- Code of Conduct
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support
Wellness and Mental Health
- Character Education
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Community Prevention and Intervention Programs
- Trinity Behavioral Care
- Pee Dee Mental Health
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Juvenile Justice
- Pee Dee Coalition Against Domestice and Sexual Assault
- Gifted and Talented (ExCEL grades 2-5)
- Flexible Learning Academy
Improved outcomes for all students who are academically, socially/emotionally, citizen, and college/career ready.
Promote the profile of the MCSD Graduate by combining empathy with personal accountability. We will act in the best interests of each individual child to support their social-emotional, behavioral, wellness and academic needs.
Student Services exist to serve children.