•             Johnakin Middle School

                                   Online Parent Flu Shot Consent


    Dear Parent/Guardian:

    The flu shot is the best way to prevent the flu from spreading in our school.  It is important that all children get vaccinated every year. Studies show that school children who receive flu shots have fewer illnesses, fewer absences from school, and lower rates of illness in their families during flu season.

    The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) is working with your school district to provide flu shots at your child’s school this fall.

    There will be no cost to you or your child for the flu shot at school. If applicable, payment from Medicaid will be made to DHEC on your behalf.

    If you would like your child to get a flu shot at school:

    Go to http://www.scdhec.gov/slvcconsent and enter 13410007 as your validation code.

    Complete the online consent and submit to DHEC.

    If your child is under the age of 9, he or she may need to get a second flu shot for the best protection. You will be notified if your child will need a second flu shot.

    If your child does not receive the flu shot at school, please contact your child’s healthcare provider or health department to get the flu shot.


    Teresa A. Foo, MD, MPH

    Medical Consultant, Immunization Division                                                                     


    Once you have submitted the Parent Consent Form, please contact the DHEC Regional Immunization Office for your county before the scheduled vaccination clinic, if any of the following events occur:

    There are any changes in your child’s health.

    You decide you no longer want your child to receive the flu shot at school.


    DHEC Regional Immunization Office Contact Information:

    Allendale, Bamberg, Beaufort, Berkeley, Calhoun, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Hampton, Jasper, and Orangeburg counties: (843) 953-0080.

    Aiken, Barnwell, Chester, Edgefield, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lexington, Newberry, Richland, Saluda, York counties: (803) 602-2073.

    Abbeville, Anderson, Cherokee, Greenville, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Oconee, Pickens, Spartanburg, Union counties: (864) 596-2227 Ext. 246.

    Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Georgetown, Horry, Lee, Marion, Marlboro, Sumter, Williamsburg counties: (843) 413-6448.