Phone: 843-464-3730 Ext 5445
Degrees and Certifications:
BS Recreation and Sport Management
Mr. Jason Wallace
My name is Jason Wallace and I will be the Physical Education and Health teacher for Palmetto Middle school. I am a native of Philadelphia, PA, and currently reside in Conway, SC. I am a graduate of Coastal Carolina University (Chants up) and a US Navy veteran. I have my Bachelors of Science in Recreation and Sport Management.
I am looking forward to expanding the minds of the incredible young scholars that attend Palmetto Middle in regards to fitness and nutrition.
Let's have a wonderful and fun-filled 2022-2023 school year.
"Are the HABITS you have today on par with the DREAMS you have for tomorrow"
Physical education will be the environment where students learn, practice, and are assessed on developmentally appropriate motor skills, social skills, and knowledge. Marion County schools will follow state standards for physical education in our instruction. Physical education will include the instruction of individual activities as well as competitive and non-competitive team sports to encourage life-long physical activity.
The goal of this policy is to provide an environment that promotes health and wellness in the areas of nutrition and physical activity by doing the following contingent upon state funding.
- Students in grades 6-8 will be provided the appropriate amount of physical education and physical activity as required by law and based on the current state standards.
- Adequate equipment will be available for all students to participate in physical education.
- Schools will administer the SC Physical Education Assessment (FitnessGram) in physical education classes in grades two, five, eight, and high school to assess PE standards and program effectiveness.
- A report on an individual student's fitness status obtained from the SC Physical Education Assessment will be reported to his/her parent/legal guardian during the student's fifth, eighth, and high school physical education courses.
- Physical activity will be integrated across curricula and throughout the school day as appropriate; movement can be made part of the core curricula.
- Physical activity facilities on school grounds will be safe.