Marion High School
DRESS CODE (Grades 9 – 12)
· Bedroom shoes, shower shoes and flip-flops (defined as any flat-bottomed shoe without a heel strap) are not allowed.
· Pants must be worn at the waist. A belt will be required after the 1st warning. If no belt is available, the school will provide an alternate item to keep pants up. Long pants should be worn with both pant legs rolled down. Straps on overalls must be fastened and worn on the shoulder.
· No one should wear anything (t-shirt, logo, jewelry, etc.) that has slogans which offend gender, ethnicity, sexuality or religion, or promote drugs, alcohol or violence.
· Caps, hats or other headgear, including do-rags, head wraps and bandanas, will not be worn in the building.
· Only prescribed sunglasses may be worn in the building.
· No brief or revealing clothing such as tank tops, halter-tops, muscle shirts, racer back tops, garments with spaghetti straps, strapless garments, see-through or low- cut garments may be worn. (All shirts should be shoulder width). Undergarments must not be visible. Tops should not expose the midriff when arms are raised.
· Athletic attire and ALL sports uniforms including cheerleading that do not comply with this policy, may only be worn by participants during scheduled practices and events.
· Shorts, dresses, and skirts must be worn 2 inches above the knee (front and back) or longer while walking and remain 2 inches above the knee without pulling the skirt or dress down. Leggings may only be worn if covered by a top that meets the length requirements for dresses, skirts and shorts. Pants with holes must not reveal skin 2 inches above the knee.
· See-through tops, fishnet tops and muscle shirts must be worn over another shirt.
· No pajamas may be worn or any other bedroom or lounging attire, including blankets.
Note: Extreme clothing or accessories that interfere with the learning process, causes a disruption of the educational environment, or are considered to be a health or safety hazard are prohibited.