Welcome to the Marion High School Counseling Department. This website will provide you resources, important dates, scholarship opportunities, and much more. Stop by periodically for updates.
Marion High School Counseling Department
Mission: At Marion High School, we utilize school and community resources to support students academically and personally as they develop into productive citizens.
Vision: The vision of Marion High School Comprehensive School Counseling Program is to cultivate and empower students to grow personally and professionally to become productive and caring citizens to make a positive difference in society.
- All students can achieve success in and out of the classroom.
- All students are capable of learning with identifiable learning styles and study habits to achieve success.
- All students can achieve success with the appropriate supports and resources.
- Students need ongoing, positive support systems.
- Students need academic support.
- It takes a "village" to raise the "whole" child. This village includes the family and community (school, peers, church, businesses, and organizations.
- Students thrive with supportive and healthy relationships that model positive interactions that address technological, social, and emotional needs.
- All students have access to college and career information and have a plan for life after graduation.
- The students are supported socially and emotionally.
- The school counselor will use quantitative and qualitative data to drive program decisions.
- The school counselor will analyze data to improve decision making.
Dr. Deidra Bowden, Director: 10th and 12th Grade School Counselor
Mrs. Renata McFadden: 9th and 11th Grade School Counselor
Ms. Kendria Pressley: Career Development Facilitator
Mrs. Donnie Watts: Department Secretary
College Link Library
Find information that is specific to your college degree major and career.
This link contains planning tools, how and where to find scholarships, a transfer guide, how to get into almost any career you can think of, and more.