Katrina McRae, School Librarian
The mission of McCormick's Elementary School’s Library is to foster an education that inspires students and staff to be effective, responsible, and productive in an ever-changing global society.
- To help students develop information literacy skills for lifelong learning.
- To provide access to print and non-print materials.
- To help students develop an enjoyment and love of reading.
- To provide leadership, collaboration, and assistance to teachers, staff, and students.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to locate information and materials in the library using common library practices such as the Dewey Decimal System and the online catalog.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively use online resources such as DISCUS and knowledge of the internet, including online safety.
- Students will read for recreation as well as for learning at appropriate text complexity levels.
Please be aware that students are charged FIVE CENTS for each day that a book is late. Students can check out books for ONE week and must return to RENEW or CHECK-IN in order to aviod fees.
- Students are allowed to check out two books: One Fiction, One Non-fiction
- Students MUST bring IDs to check out books. This will help ensure that books are being checked out to the correct student.
- Students who have more than TWO books out will not be able to check out any books until he or she returns or pay for at least one book.
- Students are charged fines for damaging books.