Please be aware that students are charged FIVE CENTS for each day that a book is late. Students can check out books for ONE week and must return to RENEW or CHECK-IN in order to aviod fees.
- Students are allowed to check out two books: One Fiction, One Non-fiction
- Students MUST bring IDs to check out books. This will help ensure that books are being checked out to the correct student.
- Students who have more than TWO books out will not be able to check out any books until he or she returns or pay for at least one book.
- Students are charged fines for damaging books.
Katrina McRae, School Librarian
The mission of McCormick's Elementary School’s Library is to foster an education that inspires students and staff to be effective, responsible, and productive in an ever-changing global society.
- To help students develop information literacy skills for lifelong learning.
- To provide access to print and non-print materials.
- To help students develop an enjoyment and love of reading.
- To provide leadership, collaboration, and assistance to teachers, staff, and students.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to locate information and materials in the library using common library practices such as the Dewey Decimal System and the online catalog.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively use online resources such as DISCUS and knowledge of the internet, including online safety.
- Students will read for recreation as well as for learning at appropriate text complexity levels.