In compliance with Marion County Schools Board Policy, students at Britton’s Neck Elementary will be required to wear uniforms.
· Tops: Solid black, dark green or navy with buttons and a collar (Polo style); worn tucked in. NOTE: Dark green is the only acceptable shade of green and navy is the only acceptable shade of blue. Kelly green, lime green, light blue, royal blue or any other shade of green or blue are not acceptable.
· Bottoms: Solid khaki color pants, capris, skirts, dresses, shorts or skorts; Bottoms must be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee.
· Belts: Black or brown belts must be worn within the belt loops.
· Tights and Socks: Solid color white, brown, black, khaki, dark green or navy tights or socks.
· Sweatshirts and Jackets: SOLID black, dark green or navy sweatshirts, jackets and hoodies are to be worn during the day inside the building. Students may wear other types of coats, sweatshirts, or jackets to school.
Students will be expected to dress in the appropriate uniform each day.
In addition to the above uniform policy, students are expected to comply with MCSD dress code.
· Shoes will be worn at all times. Flip-flops are unsafe for playground and play and are not appropriate for school. All shoes must have a back.
· Pants must be worn at the waist. If necessary, a belt should be worn to keep the waist at an appropriate level. Long pants should be worn with both pant legs rolled down.
· Straps on overalls must be fastened and worn on the shoulder.
· No one should wear anything (jackets, sweatshirts, t-shirts, logo, jewelry, etc.) that has slogans which offend gender, ethnicity, sexuality or religion, or promote drugs, alcohol or violence.
· Caps, hats or other headgear, including coat hoods, do-rags, sweatbands and bandanas, will not be worn in the building.
· No see-through wind pants or bike shorts may be worn.
· Tops should not expose the midriff when arms are raised.
· Shorts, dresses, skirts and shorts must be worn at fingertip length or longer.
· Leggings may only be worn if covered by a top that meets the length requirements for dresses, skirts and shorts.
· No pajamas may be worn or any other bedroom or lounging attire, including blankets.