School Make-Up Days
Marion County School District will follow this plan to make up days lost due to the Governor's evacuation order, Hurricane Florence, subsequent flooding and Tropical Storm Michael:
Student (with the exception of Britton's Neck and Creek Bridge High School) were out of school for a total of 13 days. MCSD will use the following dates as Make-up Days due to the storms and flooding conditions:
1. October 12, 2018, originally planned as an in-service day is designated emergency/inclement weather day on our district calendar and will be used as Make-up Day #1. Please note that Thursday, October 11, will be a full day for students.
2. Monday, November 5, 2018, will be used as Make-up Day #2
3. Wednesday, December 19 will be a full day for students and Thursday, December 20th will be a half day. (this is actually #7, Make-up Day for Tropical Storm Michael)
3. January 3rd and 4th, 2019 will be Make-up Days #3 and #4
4. March 15, 2019, is scheduled as an emergency/inclement day and will be used as Make-up Day #5
5. April 22, 2019, is scheduled as an emergency/inclement day and will be used as a Make-up Day #6
The district will request the local board to approve a waiver of 3 days and the State Board of Education to waive 3 days to account for all 12 days out of school. The district will work with Britton's Neck and Creek Bridge High Schools to regain the extra 4 days they were out due to extensive flooding.