Degrees and Certifications:
(BS)Bachelors in Science-Major biology and chemistry-Osmania University-Hyderabad-India (B.Ed)Bachelors in Education-Osmania University-Hyderabad-India (MS)Masters in Science-Specialization Ecology-University of Mumbai-India (PG)Post Graduate Diploma in Environment and Management-University of Hyderabad, India Diploma in Montessori Education-AMI-Netherlands Certified in Biology and Advance Placement (AP) Biology
Mrs. Aruna Sagar
I am proud to say that I have been with the Marion County District as a biology teacher for the past 15 years.I am certified by the state department of education,South Carolina as a biology teacher for high school, and also A.P Biology certified in the year 2007.I have a masters degree in science from University of Mumbai-Mumbai-India ,with specialization in Ecology, and a post graduate diploma in environment and management-University of Hyderabad,India. I had 15 years of teaching biology in pre-med track courses in St.Anns Degree College,Hyderabad,India.
We are a family of five.My husband Ravi Joshua Pulukuri is a retired Law professor,Osmania University -Hyderabad ,India .My son Anunay James Pulukuri graduated from the University of South Carolina with a major in Cellular and Molecular Biology and Biochemsitry ,he is now pursuing his Phd program in chemistry at Washington State University,Washington state.My daughter Rushali Elizabeth Pulukuri is a senior at Francis Marion University in Pharmaceutical studies .She is inclined towards pursuing DPharm and her career as a transplant pharmacist.My eighty three year old mother Amara Sagar,who is a retired scientist from Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology Center -Hyderabad ,India stays with us ,and is a source of great encouragement for us.
Supply List for Biology class:
1.Two 3 subject notebook with pockets for 6 biology standards(graded every 4 Wks)
3.100 count Index cards(blank-ruled) in spiral rings(not loose) Should be in the subject notebook at all times
7.Pair of scissors
Supply List Anatomy Class:
1.one 5 subject notebook(graded every 4Wks)
5.200 count Index cards(blank-ruled) in spiral ring(not loose) Should be in the subject notebook at all times
Virtual Class Rules
Rules for Online Class
- All classes will be recorded.
- Cameras must be turned on for attendance and remain on.
- All students should have their device on mute until instructed to turn on.
- Students can be removed from the virtual platform for unacceptable behavior
- Teachers are requesting students to think responsibly and act respectfully while participating with their peers in the virtual classroom.
- Our School wide PBIS rules to “Expect Respect” remain in effect while at home.
- Students who fail to follow the rules as outlined below can possibly be removed from the virtual classroom
- If you have a question please use the raise your hand icon or post it in the chat box.
- If you are having technical, difficulties please let your teacher know by email or any other instrument for communication (Remind).
- No Grooming/eating in front of the camera.
- No profanity using virtual platforms.
- The same disciplinary actions will be followed as if you were in person in the school.
- Identify a suitable workspace to work
- Log in or dial in 5 minutes before the virtual classroom session begins
- Be respectful
- Listen actively
- Actively participate
- Complete and submit assignments
- Dress appropriately
- Log in daily or assigned meeting times
- Ask/Answer questions
- Take turns participating daily in classroom discussions
- Complete packets and turn in work on time
- Work independently or in groups (when assigned)
- Be an active member of the virtual community
- Vulgarity (no cursing, vulgar language, or inappropriate gestures, memes)
- Negative feedback on other’s work and /or comments
- Posting negativity, bully others in chats
- Unacceptable noises in background- loud music, noisy pets
- No smoking, vaping, drinking alcohol beverages
General Housekeeping Reminders:
- Minimize background noise by turning off the TV and radio
- Stay Focused! Avoid multitasking during class!
- Mute your microphones until it is your turn to speak.
Anatomy Instructional Packet #2 September 28th-October 16th
C.P Biology 1 Instructional Packet #2 September 28th-October 16th