Degrees and Certifications:
(BS)Bachelors in Science-Major biology and chemistry-Osmania University-Hyderabad-India (B.Ed)Bachelors in Education-Osmania University-Hyderabad-India (MS)Masters in Science-Specialization Ecology-University of Mumbai-India (PG)Post Graduate Diploma in Environment and Management-University of Hyderabad, India Diploma in Montessori Education-AMI-Netherlands Certified in Biology and Advance Placement (AP) Biology
Mrs. Aruna Sagar
I am proud to say that I have been with the Marion County District as a biology teacher for the past 15 years.I am certified by the state department of education,South Carolina as a biology teacher for high school, and also A.P Biology certified in the year 2007.I have a masters degree in science from University of Mumbai-Mumbai-India ,with specialization in Ecology, and a post graduate diploma in environment and management-University of Hyderabad,India. I had 15 years of teaching biology in pre-med track courses in St.Anns Degree College,Hyderabad,India.
We are a family of five.My husband Ravi Joshua Pulukuri is a retired Law professor,Osmania University -Hyderabad ,India .My son Anunay James Pulukuri graduated from the University of South Carolina with a major in Cellular and Molecular Biology and Biochemsitry ,he is now pursuing his Phd program in chemistry at Washington State University,Washington state.My daughter Rushali Elizabeth Pulukuri is a senior at Francis Marion University in Pharmaceutical studies .She is inclined towards pursuing DPharm and her career as a transplant pharmacist.My eighty three year old mother Amara Sagar,who is a retired scientist from Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology Center -Hyderabad ,India stays with us ,and is a source of great encouragement for us.
THESE STUDENTS ARE MY VIRTUAL SUPER HEROES WHO SUBMITTED ASSIGNMENTS BY UPLOADING THEM USING MSWORD TOOLS CREATIVELY AND ON TIME.GREAT JOB!!!
Supply List for Biology class:
1.Two 3 subject notebook with pockets for 6 biology standards(graded every 4 Wks)
3.100 count Index cards(blank-ruled) in spiral rings(not loose) Should be in the subject notebook at all times
7.Pair of scissors
Supply List Anatomy Class:
1.one 5 subject notebook(graded every 4Wks)
5.200 count Index cards(blank-ruled) in spiral ring(not loose) Should be in the subject notebook at all times
Virtual Class Rules
Rules for Online Class
- All classes will be recorded.
- Cameras must be turned on for attendance and remain on.
- All students should have their device on mute until instructed to turn on.
- Students can be removed from the virtual platform for unacceptable behavior
- Teachers are requesting students to think responsibly and act respectfully while participating with their peers in the virtual classroom.
- Our School wide PBIS rules to “Expect Respect” remain in effect while at home.
- Students who fail to follow the rules as outlined below can possibly be removed from the virtual classroom
- If you have a question please use the raise your hand icon or post it in the chat box.
- If you are having technical, difficulties please let your teacher know by email or any other instrument for communication (Remind).
- No Grooming/eating in front of the camera.
- No profanity using virtual platforms.
- The same disciplinary actions will be followed as if you were in person in the school.
- Identify a suitable workspace to work
- Log in or dial in 5 minutes before the virtual classroom session begins
- Be respectful
- Listen actively
- Actively participate
- Complete and submit assignments
- Dress appropriately
- Log in daily or assigned meeting times
- Ask/Answer questions
- Take turns participating daily in classroom discussions
- Complete packets and turn in work on time
- Work independently or in groups (when assigned)
- Be an active member of the virtual community
- Vulgarity (no cursing, vulgar language, or inappropriate gestures, memes)
- Negative feedback on other’s work and /or comments
- Posting negativity, bully others in chats
- Unacceptable noises in background- loud music, noisy pets
- No smoking, vaping, drinking alcohol beverages
General Housekeeping Reminders:
- Minimize background noise by turning off the TV and radio
- Stay Focused! Avoid multitasking during class!
- Mute your microphones until it is your turn to speak.
Anatomy Instructional Packet #2 September 28th-October 16th
C.P Biology 1 Instructional Packet #2 September 28th-October 16th